Diamond Notes- Welcome! This is a quick look around the major leagues at transactions, roster moves and things of interest.
- Cincinnati Reds activated Nick Castellanos off the I.L. and optioned RHP Art Warren to their alternative site.
- San Francisco Giants Donovan Solano exited their game last night with a right calf strain and a trip to the IL has not been decided by the club.
- Baltimore Orioles prospect, Heston Kjerstad. has been cleared medically to return to activities at their alternative site.
- Detroit Tigers optioned CF Derek Hill to Alternate Training Site.
- Atlanta Braves, Mike Soroka, has an inflammation of the shoulder and is trying to do a throwing rehab program but their is no timeline for his return to action.
- Houston Astros optioned 1B Taylor Jones to their Alternate Training Site. Also, Astros shortstop prospect Jeremy Pena will undergo surgery on his left wrist and is likely out for five months.
- Chris Sale is still recovering from his March 2020 Tommy John surgery and is progressing nicely according to manger Alex Cora of the Boston Red Sox.
- New York Yankees optioned RHP Brooks Kriske to Yankees Alternate Training Site.
- RHP Mike Fiers is likely to be activated from the IL in the next few days according to the Oakland Athletics.
- The Milwaukee Brewers have stated they will activate second baseman Kolten Wong in time to start on Friday against the Chicago Cubs.
- Astros shortstop prospect Jeremy Pena will undergo surgery on his left wrist,
- Pittsburgh Pirates optioned RHP Miguel Yajure to Pirates Alternate Training Site. Pirates third baseman Ke’Bryan Hayes re-aggravated his wrist injury while swing the bat in his rehab assignment. In other Pirates bad news, outfielder Jared Oliva has been diagnosed with a left oblique strain, He will be out for about four weeks.
- The San Diego Padres received news that pitcher Dinelson Lamet is to undergo MRI after 29 pitches with right forearm tightness.
- More baseball articles at Baseball Spotlight
- The Atlanta Braves plan to activate Drew Smyly and have him start on Saturday.
- The Reds announced that right-hander Cam Bedrosian has rejected an outright assignment to their alternate site after clearing waivers. He’s now a free agent and is free to sign with any team.
About the author– Tom Knuppel has been writing about baseball and sports for a few decades. As an avid St. Louis Cardinals fan he began with the blog CardinalsGM. Tom is a member of the United Cardinals Bloggers and the Baseball Bloggers Alliance. He also maintains the History of Cardinals website. More recently he has been busy at KnupSolutions and the primary writer of many sports at KnupSports and adds content at Sports 2.0. Tom is a retired High School English and Speech teacher and has completed over one hundred sportsbook reviews. He also can be followed on Twitter at tknup. Feel free to contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Discord to leave a question or comment regarding this article. We have sports fans talking betting all day — every day! JOIN THE DISCORD NOW AND QUALIFY FOR PRIZES & BETTING SWAG!